Where does the Great Fish Match funding come from?
The Whitefish Community Foundation's unrestricted donations and from Foundation fundraising programs.
Circle of Giving sponsors the majority of the Great Fish Match. Circle donors contribute from $5,000 to $40,000 or more annually to support the Foundation's Grant Programs. Individuals and businesses give to the Great Fish Match Fund to help increase the percentage match to nonprofits.
- Become a member of the Circle of Giving
- Make a gift to the Great Fish Match Fund and become a Great Fish Challenger!
How do I make a gift to one of the participating nonprofits?
- Send a check (as outlined below)
- Make a gift by credit card over the phone, in person, or online July 26 – September 14, 2018
- Call us if you would like to make a gift of appreciated securities
- You can also make a distribution directly from your IRA and avoid taking it as income if you are age 70 1/2 or older.
- Because the Great Fish Challenge Fund plays such a vital role in the success of the Great Fish Challenge, gifts to the Fund can be made at any time throughout the year.
- Donate with a credit card online through our secure website
- You can give to as many nonprofits as you wish in one transaction by adding to your shopping cart.
- If you're sending a check, please download and print the 2018 Official Donation Form Coming Soon
- Checks must be written to Whitefish Community Foundation
- Gifts of stock can be made by calling our office at 406-863-1781
Please mail your check and completed donor form to:
- Whitefish Community Foundation
- PO Box 1060
- Whitefish, MT 59937
Where can I pick up a donation form?
The official donor form can be downloaded July 26 – September 14, 2018. You may also pick one up at many downtown businesses, from any participating nonprofit organization, or the Whitefish Community Foundation office, located at 214 Second Street West.
Does the Whitefish Community Foundation deduct any fees from my donation to a nonprofit?
Participation in the Great Fish Community Challenge is free for nonprofits. Nonprofits receive 100% of the proceeds from designated donations. With the help of major sponsors and the Title Sponsor BNSF Railway, the Community Foundation covers all the advertising, marketing, printing, tax receipts, postage, administration, processing fees, and event costs, plus, an additional percentage matching grant from the Whitefish Community Foundation. Donors may wish to help off set the credit card fees by including an additional donation to your gift. Your extra gift will help the Whitefish Community Foundation turn the Great Fish Community Challenge into a long lasting, sustainable fundraising event for our community. Us the other field to add a donation for the credit card fees.
When will the organizations receive the donations?
An awards party is scheduled for the evening of Thursday, October 18, 2018. Designated gifts, plus the matching grant will be presented at that event.
How will I receive a tax receipt?
The Whitefish Community Foundation processes all gifts and will mail you a tax receipt from the Foundation. The Whitefish Community Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. (Section 509(a)(1) organization as referred to in Section 170(b)(1)(A)(vi)). EIN Number 81-0533002. Please be sure to send the completed donor form with your donation so that we know where to send the letter. If you need another letter please email us.
Will I get a thank you note from the nonprofits?
Yes. Each nonprofit has the ability to access a list of donors by logging into their fund in order to monitor donations and send personal letters. If you would like to remain anonymous please mark the box on the donation form or on the online submission form and your information will not be shared.